Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wedding Week

Only have a minute to write . . . it's officially 'Wedding Week' at our house, and things are crazy. I mean that 100% -- it is pretty nuts around here. People coming and going, errands here and there, remember this and never mind about that . . . if you've been through a wedding, you know how it goes.

For me, it's the one and only time that I'll ever experience the wedding of a sibling. Or as close as I'll ever get, anyway, being the only child that I am. It's a very unique experience -- sitting back and watching your little sister (in law) standing in the spotlight on her day of all days. And helping her as much as you can all along the way . . . wishing you could do more, hoping that the same pitfalls you encountered don't upset her day. I might have complained about things during the planning, but now that it's here . . . well, all of those minor issues have been forgotten. I can't wait to see Julie all dressed up in her gown, ready to go. It's going to make me cry! Shoot -- I finished up the rehearsal dinner picture slide show last weekend, and I was already crying just from the photos . . . I can't imagine how I'll be on Saturday evening.

The girls -- Meg and Kate -- are hanging in there. And by that I mean they are having a blast and loving the commotion -- but they are just teetering on the edge of exhaustion. And ti's only TUESDAY. Bedtimes have gone by the wayside, so I am doing all I can to make sure the girls get sleep whenever they can this week. Cross your fingers that these girls of mine will hang in there a few more days and keep their cool as we move from the planning part of the week into the actual festivities. It all begins here at our house Thursday night!

I've done lots of ironing, packing, organizing, ordering, re-ordering, shopping, returning, observing, and preparing over the last few days. And I'm just a bridesmaid, SIL of the bride. Jim's mom and Julie have been going nonstop for about 4 days, and I know they are reaching their 'breaking point', if you will. Not that they are on the verge of losing it or anything -- but I'm sure after 4 days of all the little details, they are ready to start saying, "I don't care" or "Whatever YOU think" a whole lot more. I know that's how I felt as my day drew close . . . I cared less and less about the little things and was just so excited to BE at the wedding. Julie has got to be getting to that stage, I'm sure.

Anyway, wedding week is upon us, so I must pull myself away from the computer here and get to finishing the decorations on Meg's flower girl basket. I made the executive decision that Meg would be the only flower girl to actually carry a basket in the ceremony -- one of those tiny details Julie probably could care less about. By not giving Kate her own basket, I am eliminating one more thing I would have to keep up with all afternoon on Saturday. I love that Kate is a flower girl in this wedding, but the little dear is only 22 months old . . . so I know her sweet basket would be left here and there, and I'd be saying, "Where is Kate's basket???" from the time she was dressed until we all settle in at the reception. Kate can go basket-less . . . and how cute it will be to see her reaching her chubby little hand into her big sister's basket to pull out some petals. So cute.


Happy Wedding Week to me and to all the family out there reading this as they throw their gear in a bag and get ready to head this way for the big event.


And keep your fingers crossed for Julie and her lovely, garden, outdoor wedding . . . the forecast for Saturday is rain.

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Praying for a beutiful day for you all! I cant wait to see picutre!

Keisha said...

Praying for beautiful weather, but I do remember hearing that rain on your wedding day is actually good luck ... I can't wait to see pics of the girls!! And you in your dress!