Sunday, November 8, 2009

Autumn is Busy

ALWAYS. Our busiest time of year. At least I recognize this now . . . it's barely November, and I already find myself saying, "I'll do that after the first of the year." The fall just flies by, so I might as well enjoy it and put stuff off until 2010. What's the hurry, anyway?!

This weekend was one of those busy weekends. Friday I got to visit some high school friends . . . I dropped the girls off with my dad for the weekend, then went out to dinner with some of the girls down on the south side of town. Saturday afternoon, Jim and I capitalized on a Meg-and-Kate free afternoon by doing a little Christmas shopping and taking a nap. Jim and I attended a college friend's wedding on Saturday night, which was awesome. Sunday (today) Jim is retrieving the girls from Newnan, and I have a photo shoot in about 2 hours. Like I said, a busy weekend.

When I look ahead in our calendar, we have more busy weekends ahead . . . and when I look back, I remember our October was pretty crazy. How did I manage to do all of this last year -- with a new baby and my photography career in full swing? I'm just glad I survived . . . and so glad I backed off of the work so that I could spend my busy fall with our family. I would hate to let this time fly by and miss out on things like Saturdays at Costco with Jim or Sunday mornings with our girls. In our busy season here, I'm feeling pretty lucky.

No comments: