Saturday, April 19, 2008

2 Weeks Late

Today was a beautiful day . . . a beautiful day for a spring football game. It just came two weeks late.

I shouldn't be so cynical . . . we did have a great time today at the Georgia Tech 'T Game' -- their spring football scrimmage. Meg had a total blast. She learned to say 'band' and 'cheerleader,' ate a hot dog and popcorn (pa-krn, in her terms), and was terrified of Buzz, the mascot. It was super duper family fun.




I'm just bitter because we got to enjoy this glorious spring (hot as summer!) day . . . but two weeks ago when I was so excited to take Meg to Athens for my Georgia Bulldogs' G-Day game, it rained cats and dogs all day. We couldn't go. The beautiful warm-up suit and brand new shirt Meg had gotten for the occassion still still in her closet, waiting to be worn. It was so sad that we couldn't go -- pitiful, really. My dad took it the hardest . . . he wanted to make a tradition of taking Meg to G-Day every year. We took her on a cold, cold April day last year . . . the weather didn't stop us then, but it wasn't raining this year. Cold we can take; rain sucks.



So, today I wore my "G" necklace to commerate what was not meant to be . . . our spring-time pilgrimage to Athens to see the Dawgs play. And I made Meg say 'Uga' several times in Bobby Dodd stadium today, much to the dismay of the fans surrounding us. It was all I could do, but I guess it was enough.

Go Dawgs!

And -- if I must-- go jackets.


No comments: